Develop, produce and deliver device – done?! Unfortunately it’s not that easy as in a process plant there are different systems and tools in use. Device manufacturers aim for finding a cost-efficient, easy and preferably a fast realizable way to make these drivers available to their customers. How could that work? The optimal way would be to achieve synergies in development tasks and to reuse existing resources, e.g. by further use of the EDD. This is what iDTM-EDD does. By using the EDD in FDT it is the adapter for the FDT frame application.
iDTM-EDD (Custom) – Custom for customized for you – enables commissioning, operation and diagnosisof all HART, FF and MODBUS devices in a plant in a consistent way and by accessing complete functionality. It is based on the official interpreters SDC-625 and FF-DDS offered by the FieldCommGroup. The provided DD is integrated into iDTM-EDD. Thus, iDTM-EDD – in contrast to generic solutions – offers comprehensive device operation based on the device description.
Using iDTM-EDD (Custom) as development component
- You deliver YOUR DTM to your customer, using your Corporate Identity.
- You can reuse your existing EDD.
- You have low integration cost per device by usage of standard components.
- You focus can stay with device development. CodeWrights takes care of the FDT technology and DTM development.
- You save costs. While your device refinement is ongoing the DTM base is updated by CodeWrights as well. Ready for future DTM updates.
- Integration of devices into varying FDT systems becomes easier. CodeWrights knows about the different FDT systems as they are available in the inhouse laboratory. There we we ensure interoperability of iDTM-EDD (Custom) with the available systems.
- You can save time. Suppositionally your EDD is already registered with the FDTGroup, the final DTM can be fully used even faster.
- Development of EDD
- development of SDK modules to represent more functionalities in the DTM
HART, FOUNDATION fieldbus, MODBUS
- supports FDT1.2
- Offline Configuration
- SDKModule Support
FDT (Field Device Tool) is a proven and widely used integration technology in the industry – DTMs are used to operate devices. Device manufacturers are asked to provide DTMs. Additional requirements such as improvements or additional functionality may arise. Devices are exchanged and new DTMs are needed. Based on an EDD this can be realized easily, with iDTM-EDD (Custom).
Contact CodeWrights to learn more: Contact