Audience
Product
Protocol
Service
Technology

Subscriber

End users and everybody interested in reliable solutions for device integration including device manufacturer and system vendor staff.

Publisher

Device manufacturer searching for cost efficient deivce integration or for support in the development of tailored solutions.

Interoperability Partner

System or tool vendors with the wish to offer a generic integration solution as part of their existing solutions.

Product

Product

The CodeWrights product offering addresses different problem fields. Please select from the list below. You may combine aspects from different tabs of the solution finder in order to find the best match!

Communication

Device Integration

License

Technical support

Protocol

Protocol

Communication protocols mainly used in the process industry. Please choose from the list below. You may combine aspects from different tabs of the solution finder in order to find the best match!

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

HART

Modbus

PROFIBUS

PROFINET

WirelessHART

Service

Service

CodeWrights services help to create tailored solutions. Please select from the list below. You may combine aspects from different tabs of the solution finder in order to find the best match!

Analysis

Certification / Registration

Improvement

Interoperability services

New development

Test

Training & Advisory

Technology

Technology

Major technologies used for device integration in the process industry. You may combine aspects from different tabs of the solution finder in order to find the best match!

EDDL

FDI

FDT

OPC

Home Forums Technical Support HART CommDTM (FDT1.2) Crash with "Run-time error '6': Overflow" when maximized at 2560×1440 resolution

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elke Rothfuß 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rory Piper
    Participant

I have been experiencing an issue with the HART CommDTM (versions 1.0.51 through 1.0.57) where it will crash with the message “Run-time error ‘6’: Overflow” when the Parameter tab of the CommDTM is displayed in a window bigger than 1920×1080 pixels.

My Display Resolution is set to 2560×1440 (2K), and when I run PACTware windowed in a window smaller than 1920×1080 pixels, I can edit the Parameters without any problem. If I increase the window size or Maximize the window so that it is larger than 1920×1080 pixles, it immediately crashes with this error message.

If I change my Display Resolution to 1920×1080, the problem does not occur.

I have been able to exhibit this problem with the following applications, and all exhibit the exact same behavior:
    PACTware 4.1.0.50 SP4
    PACTware 5.0.2.22
    PACTware 5.0.3.2
    PACTware 5.0.4.12
    PACTware DC
    E+H DeviceCare SFE100 V1.05.00

Is there any possibility to workaround or fix this issue?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rory Piper
    Participant

Here is a screenshot of the same exact error message when loading the CommDTM in Endress+Hauser DeviceCare SFE100 V1.05.00.

Attachments:

Elke Rothfuß
    Participant

Dear Rory,
    a workaround is a reduction of the horizontal size of the frame application. The issue only appears if the frame is >=2500 pixels wide.

best regards
    Thomas

Rory Piper
    Participant

Greetings Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. I have used the workaround you proposed, and it does work. However, PACTware DC does not allow for the PACTware window to be resized. It can only be minimized or shown full screen. How can I workaround this?

Thanks!

Attachments:

Elke Rothfuß
    Participant

Dear Rory,
    you detected a real problem because there is no elegant workaround. PACTwareDC always runs in full screen mode. The only way to use the HART CommDTM is to reduce the screen size directly in the Windows dispaly settings.

best regards
    Thomas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.